Terms of Service
By using the DocSpring.com web site (“Service”), or any services of DocSpring Inc. (“DocSpring”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
DocSpring reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at:
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While DocSpring prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that DocSpring cannot be responsible for the data posted on the Service (the "Content") and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
A. Account Terms
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. DocSpring cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account.
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one free account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
B. Free Trial Terms
- DocSpring offers a trial period that begins when you sign up, and ends 14 days after your sign up date.
- There will be no charge for any documents generated during the 14 day free trial period.
DocSpring reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend any account suspected of abusing the service or making excessive API requests during the free trial, at any time and for any reason.
Please send an email to
if you plan to generate over 1,000 PDFs during your free trial.
- When your 14 day free trial ends and you have not suspended or deleted your account, DocSpring will charge your credit card for your first month's subscription.
C. API Terms
Customers may access their DocSpring account data via an API (Application Program Interface). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product that accesses DocSpring, is bound by these Terms of Service plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that DocSpring shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if DocSpring has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to DocSpring via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. DocSpring, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API.
DocSpring is not PCI DSS Certified.
You must not submit credit card information to DocSpring servers.
for information about on-site hosting.
D. Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- All paid plans must enter a valid credit card.
The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. DocSpring shall have no liability for such loss.
E. Account Suspension and Termination
You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your account, either by suspending your subscription, or permanently deleting your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can suspend or delete your account at any time by clicking on the Account link in the navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Account page provides some simple links to suspend or delete your account.
- If you suspend or delete your account before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- If you suspend your account, your subscription will remain valid until the end of your current paid up month. If you reactivate your account before the end of your current paid up month, you will not be charged until the end of your current billing period.
- If you reactivate a suspended account after the end of your current paid up month, your card will be charged immediately and the billing period will be reset.
- DocSpring, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other DocSpring service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account. DocSpring reserves the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
F. Modifications to the Service and Prices
- DocSpring reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Any free use of the Service is intended to be temporary in nature, and DocSpring may, at its sole discretion, limit your access to any free portions of the Service at any time and for any reason.
Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from DocSpring. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the DocSpring Site
or the Service itself.)
- DocSpring shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
G. Electronic Signature Terms
- Your customers may use the DocSpring service to sign documents with legally binding electronic signatures. These electronic signatures are UETA and ESIGN compliant.
- You must follow the DocSpring documentation carefully, and you alone are responsible for the correctness and legality of your electronic signature implementation. Under no circumstances will DocSpring be held liable if you do not implement all of the requirements for legally binding electronic signatures and your resulting documents are defective.
- To collect legally binding electronic signatures, you must use DocSpring's "data requests" feature, and you must create a pending submission before showing the form to the user. You must include the user's full name and their email address in your data request. When embedding a data request form on your own website, you must ensure that the user is authenticated, either via a link sent to their email address, or via authentication on your own website.
- Contact DocSpring support if you have any questions or concerns about your electronic signature implementation.
H. Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours.
- You shall defend DocSpring against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against DocSpring by a third party alleging that Your Content, or Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third party or violates applicable law, and shall indemnify DocSpring for any damages finally awarded against, and for reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by, DocSpring in connection with any such claim, demand, suit or proceeding; provided, that DocSpring (a) promptly gives You written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (b) gives You sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that You may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases DocSpring of all liability); and (c) provides to You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
I. General Conditions
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders. Support is only available in English.
- You understand that DocSpring uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, DocSpring, or any other DocSpring service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by DocSpring.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Accounts posting Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any DocSpring customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by DocSpring) of other DocSpring customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable or throttle your account until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- DocSpring does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that DocSpring shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if DocSpring has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (v) or any other matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of DocSpring to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and DocSpring and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and DocSpring (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service are governed under Indiana law.